Center for Bioregional Living courses educate and inform our students to create true health, wealth and regional self-sufficiency through cooperating with nature. We offer permaculture design courses and consultation services, inspiring hundreds of graduates in the northeast, and New York’s Five Boroughs. With over 20 years of experience in design for a wide range of clients, we are your source for permaculture design education and consultation.
Permaculture is an ecological design science based on the resilient patterns found in nature. It is a vision of what we would rather see in the world and how to achieve it in a step by step manner. The ethics, tools and techniques of Permaculture are focused on creating vibrant bioregional cultures and economies providing long term comfort and security for our families, communities and future generations.
Andrew Faust offers the following services at your site. Helping you to realize your dreams with ecological integrity; increase abundance and self-sufficiency by cooperating with nature. This includes an initial meeting, site visit a narrative/report Full site design concept rendering and detail drawings.
- Permaculture pre-purchase site assessment
- Master design plans and whole site design
- Installation and Implementation of Permaculture Designs
- Prospecting for land for self sufficient ecovillages and communities
- Biointensive and Biodynamic vegetable garden designs
These are some of our favorite organizations, institutes and sources of information you may find useful in understanding Permaculture living
Permaculture Activist Magazine
The Ecologist Magazine
Earth Island Institute
The Weston A. Price Foundation
Adbusters Magazine and more
Speaking at the Sustainability Forum -
OWS Zucotti Park NY
Costa Boutsikaris Filmmaker
June 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 (Four three day weekends)
Revisioning Permaculture An interview with Andrew on applying Permaculture to retrofitting the northeastern corridor and developing ecological regional economies.
Join us every third Friday of the month - 21 June 2013
Permaculture Design Certification Course Ellenville NY - Summer 2013
Two new series of workshops by Permaculture designers and educators - Andrew Faust and Adriana Magana.
Food and Vitality
Local and seasonal foods and their preparation:
Next dates TBD - “Food and Vitality” - from 1 to 3pm @ 225 South 2nd, Brooklyn NY
In this workshop, the broad spectrum of eating right for your region, season and maximum vitality will be addressed through the demonstration of sprouting whole grains and beans; growing wheat grass, sunﬂower, buckwheat and ﬂax, micro greens; culturing raw dairy; using slow and low heat cooking methods to preserve vitality.
Next dates TBD - “Whole Grain Organic Sourdough” - from 5 - 7pm @ 225 South 2nd, Brooklyn NY
Next dates TBD - “Herbal Tinctures and Remedies” from 12-2pm @ 225 South 2nd, Brooklyn NY
Please register at least one week in advance so we can insure the correct amount of ingredients. This is sure to ﬁll up fast!
Come and learn how to live well and in harmony with the earth while boosting immunity and increasing longevity!
Permaculture classes in Brooklyn Winter 2013
Advanced Hands on Permaculture Classes Ellenville NY
Summer and Fall 2013
Learn more about permaculture and our celebrated
Permaculture Design Certification course.
Watch this video!
I took a permaculture course presented by The Center for Bioregional Living at the end of last year, and it truly effected me. The teacher, was amazing, and the group was diverse and inspiring. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to improve their quality of life, and quality of life on earth!
$40.00 per 2 hour class
For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permaculture Water Systems a Workshop with Andrew Faust
Green Light Plants - Landenberg, PA
May 24 - 26
REGISTRATION LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS
$175 TICKET INCLUDES FOOD
Empower yourself with the know-how to optimize your use of water in the landscape. Water is an essential factor in creating healthy ecosystems - without it plants can’t grow and animals can’t thrive. Permaculture - an ecological design science based on the patterns found in nature - offers a myriad of opportunities for maximizing our use of water.
Sliding Scale Tuition
$900 No Meals
$1050-$1250 With Meals
Incredible, beyond organic, nutrient dense meals sourced from on-site or locally. Handmade sourdough breads baked daily, fermented foods and drinks, sprouted and
soaked grains and beans, pastured meats and dairy and so much more!
Camping is available in our 10 acre meadow. We have off grid facilities featuring a composting toilet and gravity fed, wood fired, hot water shower.
Families welcome! Ask about our Kids Permaculture Summer Camp option. Parents can focus on learning and your children will be immersed with outdoor activities and games with a permaculture focus.
- Herbal Boot Camp - July 20 & 21 - Come up to the land and learn about the herbs that grow in our region and how to use them. Tinctures, decoctions, infusions, salves, poultices and more will be covered and made! This workshops will be action packed. Come ready to hike around and to make herbal medicine! For more info or to register email us at email@example.com
- Cooking Camp - July 27 & 28- Since hosting so many courses and workshops, many people who have shared food with us have asked me, Adriana, to teach a cooking course. And so here it is! I will cover the basics of how to create balanced, inspired and nutritious meals that can save you time and money. We will also cover how to stock your pantry and find the freshest foods. Bring an apron and chef's knife and be prepared to COOK! Both classes are sliding scale $175-$200.
For more info or to register email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellenville, New York Campus - 5-day intensive- Immerse yourself in the theory and practice of Permaculture Design. - Analysis & assessment exercises, hands-on activities, and abundant on-site examples of Permaculture Principals will quickly hone your knowledge and practice of this Whole Systems design tool.
Tuition sliding scale $500 - $550 includes inspired, nourishing meals and beautiful off-grid camping.
For more information or to register email us at email@example.com
- Lyme Literacy & Healing - September 21-22
Lisa Ferguson of Hawthorne Hill Herbs is coming to Center for Bioregional Living to share with us her strategies and philosophy for treating & healing Lyme Disease. Other local healers will also be present.
- Tiny House Workshop #3 - TBA
- Agroforestry & Coppicing w/ Mark Krawczyk - TBA
Copyright © 2013 Center for BioRegional Living - All rights reserved.